Thank you for your interest in becoming a landlord on the LHA Housing Choice Voucher Program. There are five (5) important factors to consider.
- LHA is not able to directly recommend voucher-holders to your vacancies, but listing your available units with us is easy.
- Screen the tenant to ensure you are making a good selection.
- Tenants with our Housing Choice Vouchers will have a form to fill out called Request for Tenancy Approval (RFTA). You should complete the landlord section of the form, along with the Disclosure of Lead-based Paint form. When the tenant submits both completed, signed forms to our office, we will contact you to schedule an inspection. You may submit the forms on behalf of the tenant, if you wish.
- We will inspect the unit to ensure that it meets HUD’s Housing Quality Standards. LHA requests that the landlord be present at the initial inspection. The utilities must be on and the unit must be ready for occupancy. The inspector will discuss any repairs that may be necessary with you.
- After your unit passes inspection, and the amount of rent you are charging has been approved, you and the tenant enter into an initial lease. When all of the final, signed documents have been received, we release payment to the landlord within at the first of the month and there afterwards.